Subject: bug#24823: closed (Re: bug#24823: 25.1.50; parse-time-string cannot parse ISO 8601 time string)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 09:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24823: 25.1.50; parse-time-string cannot parse ISO 8601 time string

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24823: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24823
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24823: 25.1.50; parse-time-string cannot parse ISO 8601 time string
From: Matt Armstrong <[email-masked]>
To: Hong Xu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 01:30:08 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hong Xu <[email-masked]> writes:

> The function parse-time-string cannot parse ISO 8601 time string, e.g.,
> 2005-04-07T22:13:13, which is pretty ubiquitous nowadays.
> (parse-time-string 2005-04-07T22:13:13) returns a list full of nils.

Hi Hong, parse-iso8601-time-string exists and can be used to parse ISO
8601 time strings.  It falls back to RFC 2822 style strings if that
fails.  It would be nice if parse-time-string handled 8601 formt, but
this has implications for current users.  I'll tag this bug a 'wishlist'
in case others have opinions.

Subject: 25.1.50; parse-time-string cannot parse ISO 8601 time string
From: Hong Xu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 00:32:57 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.8 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
Repository revision: 91c97b6eed708f5a1f34478b52f42ef9e51efcb5
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.6 (jessie)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets --with-modules
 --prefix=/home/hong/.local/opt/emacs'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

The function parse-time-string cannot parse ISO 8601 time string, e.g.,
2005-04-07T22:13:13, which is pretty ubiquitous nowadays.
(parse-time-string 2005-04-07T22:13:13) returns a list full of nils.

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>