Subject: bug#24820: Any suggestions about patch?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 17:26:28 -0500

Dmitry Lazurkin <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have not quick navigation to async method without this patch. What i
> should do for merging this patch?

The patch looks good to me, except a minor formatting mistake in the
commit message.

  * test/automated/python-tests.el (python-imenu-create-index-1,
  python-imenu-create-flat-index-1): Add async def's.

should be

  * test/automated/python-tests.el (python-imenu-create-index-1):
  (python-imenu-create-flat-index-1): Add async def's.

Have you done copyright assignment for Emacs?

I think your current patch is a bit over the limit of what we can accept
without an assignment (unless we don't count lines added to tests?).
Though if you didn't refactor into the new function
python-imenu--get-defun-type-name it could probably squeeze in.

The form to start the assignment process is at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/request-assign.program