Subject: bug#24813: Du Maximum files?

From: "Benny D. Miller Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 05:56:07 +0000

Hello,

  I am not so sure that this is a bug but a limitation. I am using "du" 
for a disk file listing/usage in the command:

du --all --time --human-readable --apparent-size $1;
printf "Total number of files: ";  find $1 -type f | wc -l;

But it seems to maximum out the file count to 38341

  So I am thinking that this is a limitation to the counter in "wc"?

  Just to let you know I have a script that takes a picture every minute 
and stores it to a 1TB HD and deletes anything older than 31 days.
Total file count should be near 2,678,400 files.

73,
Ben ARS w4qed
http://w4qed.hamshack.info:8080 on a RPi 3
http://w4qed.hamshack.info:8008 on same RPi 3 APRS in Java YAAC
http://w4qed.hamshack.info:8086 on same RPi 3 Home Automation - down 
right now
https://w4qed.wordpress.com Blog - Articles.
and also same RPi 3 is used as a miniDLNA media server.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus