Subject: bug#24791: org-todo-yesterday behaves like plain org-todo (incorrect timestamp)

From: Jan Böhm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:21:29 +0200

From: jan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 26.0.50; functions org-todo-yesterday and 
org-agenda-todo-yesterday show no effect
--text follows this line--

Symptoms: both org-todo-yesterday and org-agenda-todo-yesterday behave 
just like normally setting todo state to "DONE" with org-todo. 
Specifically, the timestamp
added in the log takes the current time instead of 23:59 of the previous
day, as would be expected.

Replicate behaviour:
start emacs -Q
set org-log-done to "time"
visit new file and switch to org mode
create TODO headline and set TODO state to "DONE" by calling 
"org-todo-yesterday"
⇒ todo state is set to DONE correctly, but the timestamp inserted in the 
log drawer is the current time.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
   of 2016-10-22 built on lgw01-56
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Recent messages:
Making completion list...
Invalid face reference: nil [57 times]
user-error: Value ‘t’ does not match type choice of org-log-doneInvalid 
face reference: nil
Invalid face reference: nil [32 times]
No library org.el in search path
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll 
help.
Making completion list...
Quit
You can run the command ‘org-todo-yesterday’ with M-x o-t-y RET
Auto-saving...done

Configured using:
   'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
   '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
   '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
   --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
   '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
   --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
   --program-suffix=-snapshot --with-modules=yes --with-x=yes
   --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets=yes 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
   -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security'
   'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
   'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
    value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
    value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
    value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
    value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
    locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
    tooltip-mode: t
    global-eldoc-mode: t
    electric-indent-mode: t
    mouse-wheel-mode: t
    tool-bar-mode: t
    menu-bar-mode: t
    file-name-shadow-mode: t
    global-font-lock-mode: t
    font-lock-mode: t
    blink-cursor-mode: t
    auto-composition-mode: t
    auto-encryption-mode: t
    auto-compression-mode: t
    line-number-mode: t
    transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail org-table
ob-ditaa ob-plantuml org-archive org-clock org-colview org-crypt
org-habit org-indent help-fns radix-tree thingatpt dabbrev tabify
image-file diary-lib diary-loaddefs cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
org-docview doc-view subr-x jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-capture cal-iso org-agenda org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 296455 26438)
   (symbols 48 31017 0)
   (miscs 40 1928 1990)
   (strings 32 53612 7768)
   (string-bytes 1 1695236)
   (vectors 16 23259)
   (vector-slots 8 563485 7448)
   (floats 8 283 395)
   (intervals 56 2689 205)
   (buffers 976 18)
   (heap 1024 43418 1243))