Subject: bug#24790: Segmentation fault when changing default font on master

From: Clément Pit--Claudel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:33:32 -0400

Hi all,

When I select the attached font from the "Set default font" menu, nothing happens (the default font does not change).  When I select it again, emacs segfaults (see attached output of bt full).

My Emacs has patch af1a69f4d17a482c359d98c00ef86fac835b5fac reverted.  Could this make a difference?

Let me know what other information I can provide,
Cheers,
Clément.

--------

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.3 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-10-24 built on clem-w50-mint
Repository revision: bd0da7db4e4fdb50a3c17f6aeefe40cd720d2cc4
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Linux Mint 18 Sarah

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101196 5435)
 (symbols 48 20853 0)
 (miscs 40 930 143)
 (strings 32 19171 5350)
 (string-bytes 1 625632)
 (vectors 16 14484)
 (vector-slots 8 475005 4725)
 (floats 8 183 4)
 (intervals 56 204 0)
 (buffers 976 11)
 (heap 1024 30982 1119))