Subject: Re: bug#24783: 25.1 launchs gpg-agent --homedir as ~/.emacs.d/elpa/gnupg

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 11:47:11 +0100

Fkqqrr <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am running Emacs 25.1 under Gentoo.
>
> Each time I run `list-packages', Emacs 25.1 launchs Gnupg-2.1 gpg-agent,
> but the `--homedir' argument is set to `~/.emacs.d/elpa/gnupg' though I
> have it to `~/.gnupg' in `~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf'. Obviously, Emacs
> 25.1 fails to respect `gpg-agent.conf'.

I would say that is an expected behavior.  package.el maintains keys
under ~/.emacs.d/elpa/gnupg, not ~/.gnupg.  If you want to configure
anything for gpg-agent started by package.el, you should add it to
~/.emacs.d/elpa/gnupg/gpg-agent.conf, not ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf.

> However if `gpg-agent' is launched before `list-package', Emacs 25.1
> will respect that.

Really?  If it is the case, it must be a bug in GnuPG.  As far as I know
it allows multiple gpg-agent instances for each --homedir.

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno