Subject: bug#24782: 26.0.50; Crash on browse-url

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:29:31 +0300

Hello Eli,

Thank you for helping.

I can repeat it each time. Version of Emacs is 26.0.50.4, since
yesterday basically.

I was writing many emails by using mutt, and emacs as editor, with the
hook to toggle message mode, it was helping me format the text, the
quoted text and such. I used it only for editing, not for sending
email, as it was done by mutt.

Then I have noticed a change, why and how, I cannot find out.

Here is how I am reproducing it on my side.

I open emacs -Q:

1) C-x b to switch to scrach buffer.
2) M-x message-mode
3) I go to end of first line, and do C-d to join it with the next one
4) M-q to format paragraph and I get this below:

This buffer is for text that is not saved, and for Lisp evaluation. To
	create a file, visit it with C-x C-f and enter text in its buffer.

^^^^^^^^ <-- here above is the TAB basically, not space

5) M-x mail-mode, if I do same M-q formatting in mail-mode, it is not
happening. I have added hook to use mail-mode instead of
message-mode. But message-mode is behaving wrong.

And sometimes I must admit, I could see it behaving correctly. But not
in my email writings, rather in emacs own bug report sending.

Jean

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 08:00:01PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 19:30:33 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis 
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > 
> > I do not have src/ralloc.o, but I have src/ralloc.c in the source
> > tree where everything was compiled, and where is also emacs
> > compiled inside.
> 
> Then it's not the same bug.
> 
> Is the crash reproducible?  Can you show the step by step recipe,
> starting from "emacs -Q", for the crash, and also run Emacs under GDB
> and show the backtrace from the crash?
> 
> Thanks.