Subject: bug#24782/24781 - message mode formatting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2016 09:34:54 -0400

I guess this was meant for 24781, not 24782.

Subject: bug#24782: 26.0.50; Crash on browse-url
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:29:31 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Eli,

Thank you for helping.

I can repeat it each time. Version of Emacs is 26.0.50.4, since
yesterday basically.

I was writing many emails by using mutt, and emacs as editor, with the
hook to toggle message mode, it was helping me format the text, the
quoted text and such. I used it only for editing, not for sending
email, as it was done by mutt.

Then I have noticed a change, why and how, I cannot find out.

Here is how I am reproducing it on my side.

I open emacs -Q:

1) C-x b to switch to scrach buffer.
2) M-x message-mode
3) I go to end of first line, and do C-d to join it with the next one
4) M-q to format paragraph and I get this below:

This buffer is for text that is not saved, and for Lisp evaluation. To
	create a file, visit it with C-x C-f and enter text in its buffer.

^^^^^^^^ <-- here above is the TAB basically, not space

5) M-x mail-mode, if I do same M-q formatting in mail-mode, it is not
happening. I have added hook to use mail-mode instead of
message-mode. But message-mode is behaving wrong.

And sometimes I must admit, I could see it behaving correctly. But not
in my email writings, rather in emacs own bug report sending.

Jean