Subject: 26.0.50; describe-mode lexical-binding

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 11:13:32 +0200

Hi,

consider it useful if `describe-mode' reports value of var 
`lexical-binding'.
Even displaying it in mode-line might be an option.

Thanks,
Andreas

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
  of 2016-10-11

Repository revision: 8b4aebf4559522d19193cc19cc8a255e764a8676
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 8.6 (jessie)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
a=a-value b=new-b-value c=c-value d=new-d-value
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Page has 34 lines (0 + 34)
user-error: No previous help buffer
e is undefined
x is undefined
Mark set
Mark saved where search started

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch cl-extra help-fns
radix-tree help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 171502 10130)
  (symbols 24 38666 0)
  (miscs 20 111 202)
  (strings 16 54056 5227)
  (string-bytes 1 888586)
  (vectors 8 13890)
  (vector-slots 4 477450 6294)
  (floats 8 188 36)
  (intervals 28 630 24)
  (buffers 520 14)
  (heap 1024 19082 955))