Subject: Re: bug#24780: 26.0.50; describe-mode lexical-binding

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 18:42:17 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> IMO it's not worth spending space on the mode line for this.  Yeah,
> sometimes I want to check, and M-< followed by C-u C-SPC to go back
> works fine for that.

OK, there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for putting this in our
precious mode line real estate, and I concur.

But I had another look at `describe-mode', and contrary to what I
believed, it does include stuff that's not directly mode-related.  In
particular:

	;; Narrowing is not a minor mode, but its indicator is part of
	;; mode-line-modes.
	(when (buffer-narrowed-p)
	  (push '(narrow-to-region "Narrow" " Narrow") minor-modes))

So perhaps it'd be an idea to do the same with `lexical-binding'?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no