Subject: Re: bug#24774: 26.0.50; Menu display navigation commands

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:25:25 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The correct name is "elisp-mode.el", and that file is preloaded.
>
> OK, but easymenu is still not loaded here in "emacs -Q".  Can you
> figure out which code loads it on your system?

I can no longer reproduce this now:

emacs -Q
M-: (featurep 'easymenu)
=> nil

I tried this several times both on master and Emacs 27.

I have no idea what I did differently before, because I did confirm that
it was preloaded (or so it seemed).  Perhaps I inadvertently did
something else that loaded it?

I do see this on both master and Emacs 27:

emacs -Q foo.txt
M-: (featurep 'easymenu)
=> t

So it seems very easy to get it to load it in normal use.