Subject: Re: bug#24774: 26.0.50; Menu display navigation commands

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 18:16:41 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 17:02:51 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > It is?  I don't see it in "emacs -Q".  It only gets loaded when
> > emacs-lisp-mode is activated.
> 
> emacs -Q
> (featurep 'easymenu)
> => t

I get nil here, in Emacs 28.  Both on MS-Windows and on GNU/Linux in
"emacs -Q -nw".

Maybe it's system-dependent?  What Emacs configuration is the one
where you get the above?

> This is probably because *scratch* is an Emacs Lisp-derived mode

Nope.

> emacs-lisp.el should be able to use it, because the typical impact
> on users will be nil.

Why cannot emacs-lisp.el use it without preloading it?  emacs-lisp.el
is not itself preloaded, it loads only when you invoke the mode the
first time, e.g. by visiting a .el file.