Subject: bug#24774: 26.0.50; Menu display navigation commands

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:50:59 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks, but I meant the runtime memory footprint, not the size on disk
> (which IMO is of no importance, as long as small savings are being
> discussed).

Without patch:

larsi     958039 11.5  0.3 355040 61504 pts/0    Sl   12:47   0:00 ./src/emacs -Q
larsi     958573 12.0  0.3 355036 61440 pts/0    Sl   12:48   0:00 ./src/emacs -Q
larsi     958833 11.5  0.3 355036 61364 pts/0    Sl   12:48   0:00 ./src/emacs -Q

With patch:

larsi     959730 11.5  0.3 354940 61560 pts/0    Sl   12:48   0:00 ./src/emacs -Q
larsi     959992 11.5  0.3 354940 61132 pts/0    Sl   12:48   0:00 ./src/emacs -Q
larsi     960242 11.5  0.3 355012 61704 pts/0    Sl   12:48   0:00 ./src/emacs -Q

Tested with

bash -c "./src/emacs -Q&" ; sleep 2; ps auxwww | grep "[.]/src/emacs"

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no