Subject: bug#24774: 26.0.50; Menu display navigation commands

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:20:39 +0200

> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 20:18:37 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Including easymenu allows for a slimmer Emacs process -- using easymenu
> > results in smaller .elc files for the .el files that use it, I think?
> > 
> > So I say include it in loadup.
> 
> Again: we never included in loadup what is not immediately loaded at
> startup anyway.  I don't think we should start that way, so please
> let's not.

Alternatively, if you think the criteria for what should and shouldn't
be preloaded should change, let's see if we can come up with some
reasonable modified criteria that will not let us slip that slope.
What I'd like to avoid is preloading something without having a clear
idea why, because then we won't be able to explain why we preload
foo.el, but not bar.el or baz.el.