Subject: Re: bug#24774: 26.0.50; Menu display navigation commands

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 20:18:37 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 16:52:26 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > More generally, I'm afraid that not keeping this stuff in check will
> > be a slippery slope, which will quickly lead to a much fatter Emacs
> > process.
> 
> Including easymenu allows for a slimmer Emacs process -- using easymenu
> results in smaller .elc files for the .el files that use it, I think?
> 
> So I say include it in loadup.

Again: we never included in loadup what is not immediately loaded at
startup anyway.  I don't think we should start that way, so please
let's not.