Subject: bug#24769: closed (Re: bug#24819: Intermittent 00-repl-server.test failure in 2.0.13)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 21:51:01 +0000

Your bug report

#24769: check-guile

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24769: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24769
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24819: Intermittent 00-repl-server.test failure in 2.0.13
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 22:50:11 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Rob Browning <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I noticed that 00-repl-server.test had failed on some of the debian
> buildds like this:
>
>   Running 00-initial-env.test
>   Running 00-repl-server.test
>   FAIL: 00-repl-server.test: repl-server: simple expression - arguments: (expected-value "scheme@(repl-server)> $1 = 42\n" actual-value "$1 = 42\n")

The reason is that ‘repl-reader’ in boot-9.scm goes like this:

  (lambda* (prompt #:optional (reader (fluid-ref current-reader)))
    (if (not (char-ready?))
        (begin
          (display (if (string? prompt) prompt (prompt)))
          (set-port-column! (current-output-port) 0)))
    (force-output)
    (run-hook before-read-hook)
    ((or reader read) (current-input-port)))

Thus, if there’s already data available on the current input port, it
does not print the prompt.

That situation can arise in 00-repl-server.test if we write “(+ 40 2)”
too quickly.

Fixed in 2fbde7f02adb8c6585e9baf6e293ee49cd23d4c4.

Thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: check-guile
From: Ian Hoffman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 16:47:57 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.  I failed to compile and am sending this in as requested.  Below is
some system information along with a portion of the log. I also have racket
and mit-scheme on this system, in case that would have conflicted. Please
let me know if you need anything else.

Totals for this test run:
passes:                 40314
failures:               1
unexpected passes:      0
expected failures:      9
unresolved test cases:  573
untested test cases:    1
unsupported test cases: 10
errors:                 0

FAIL: check-guile
==================================
1 of 1 test failed
Please report to [email-masked]
==================================

# grep FAIL check-guile.log
FAIL: 00-repl-server.test: repl-server: simple expression - arguments:
(expected-value "scheme@(repl-server)> $1 = 42\n" actual-value "$1 = 42\n")
XFAIL: eval.test: map: documented?
XFAIL: eval.test: define set procedure-name: procedure-with-setter
XFAIL: goops.test: defining classes: define-class: bad init-thunk
XFAIL: list.test: append!: wrong argument: circular list and empty list
XFAIL: list.test: append!: wrong argument: circular list and list
XFAIL: list.test: append!: wrong argument: list, circular list and list
PASS: 1.1.4. One way to FAIL is to throw an error
PASS: 2.1.2. Baseline test; FAIL with no optional args
XFAIL: 6.4.3.2. Introduced using 'test-group' - arguments: ((actual-value
() () () () () (0 0 0 0 0)) (expected-value () () () () () (0 0 0 0 1))
(result-kind . xfail) (test-name . "6.4.3.2. Introduced using
'test-group'") (source-form test-equal "6.4.3.2. Introduced using
'test-group'" (quote (() () () () () (0 0 0 0 1))) (triv-runner (lambda ()
(test-begin "a") (test-skip "b") (test-group "b" (test-assert "x" #t))
(test-end "a")))) (source-file . "tests/srfi-64-test.scm") (source-line .
565))
XFAIL: 8.6.3. test-apply with skips - arguments: ((actual-value ("w" "p"
"v") () () () ("x" "q" "x") (3 0 0 0 3)) (expected-value ("w" "q" "v") ()
() () ("x" "p" "x") (3 0 0 0 3)) (result-kind . xfail) (test-name . "8.6.3.
test-apply with skips") (source-form test-equal "8.6.3. test-apply with
skips" (quote (("w" "q" "v") () () () ("x" "p" "x") (3 0 0 0 3)))
(triv-runner (lambda () (test-begin "a") (test-assert "w" #t) (test-skip
(test-match-nth 2)) (test-skip (test-match-nth 4)) (test-apply
(test-runner-current) (test-match-name "p") (test-match-name "q") (lambda
() (test-assert "x" #t) (test-assert "p" #t) (test-assert "q" #t)
(test-assert "x" #f) 0)) (test-assert "v" #t)))) (source-file .
"tests/srfi-64-test.scm") (source-line . 748))
Binary file check-guile.log matches

# uname -a
Linux sci314-c01 4.7.2 #1 Wed Aug 24 14:30:41 PDT 2016 x86_64 Intel(R)
Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/5.4.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../gcc-5.4.0/configure --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,java --enable-threads=posix
--enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-shared --disable-nls
--with-x=no --with-system-zlib --enable-multilib
--with-pkgversion=CRUX-x86_64-multilib
Thread model: posix
gcc version 5.4.0 (CRUX-x86_64-multilib)