Subject: bug#24764: 25.1.50; Another crash in automatic gc

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 12:32:46 +0300

> From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 11:06:36 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > When did all those crashes started to happen?
> 
> I think they started ~ 1 week ago.
> 
> That would correlate with when I had rebuild Emacs.  Before, I had
> rebuild Emacs the last time 4 weeks ago (from emacs-25).  Then, one week
> ago, I pulled from emacs-25 and rebuilt Emacs.  It could be that the
> crashes started exactly then.

I cannot find any change on emacs-25 since Sep 1 that could somehow be
related.

> FWIW, another nasty bug appeared also ~ 1 week ago, maybe this is not
> just coincidence: apparently, whenever Emacs downloads something from
> the net, there is a chance of ~ one third that instead of the expected
> contents, it gets something different: when I browse pages with eww,
> often, instead of the page I expect, eww seems to show a part of the
> contents of a different buffer.

Sounds related to me.

I asked up-thread whether your build uses ralloc.c; can you find out
the answer to that?