Subject: bug#24740: 26.0.50; Bad signature for alist-get in elisp manual

From: [email-masked] (A. Lloyd Flanagan)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 13:01:51 -0400

In the elisp manual, section "Association Lists", the function alist-get
is shown with the signature:

Function: alist-get key value &optional default remove

but it should be

Function: alist-get key alist &optional default remove

index e7a739f..bacf036 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/lists.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/lists.texi
@@ -1556,7 +1556,7 @@ Association Lists
 @end smallexample
 @end defun
 
-@defun alist-get key value &optional default remove
+@defun alist-get key alist &optional default remove
 This function is like @code{assq}, but instead of returning the entire
 association for @var{key}, @code{(@var{key} . @var{value})}, it
 returns just the @var{value}.  If @var{key} is not found in

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.31, cairo version 1.14.6)
 of 2016-10-17 built on wme03370.wme.owhc.net
Repository revision: 1a99d5dda2460946b1035827bd2407b5f0d8336c
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Fedora release 24 (Twenty Four)

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
(nil 1 . 2)
invert-alist
(2 . 1)
invert-alist
(2 . 1)
Mark set
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Making completion list... [3 times]

Configured using:
 'configure --with-file-notification=gfile --with-cairo
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk2'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF
GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  form-feed-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree debug misearch multi-isearch
mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode server paren image-file tabify
vc-git diff-mode org-element ob-sql ob-sh shell ob-scheme ob-sass
ob-ruby ob-R ob-python ob-org ob-lisp ob-js ob-css ob-clojure ob-C
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs less-css-mode css-mode smie sgml-mode dom derived
yasnippet form-feed slime apropos hideshow pp cl flycheck-pyflakes
flycheck json map rx flx-ido flx ido smartparens undo-tree
shrink-whitespace paradox paradox-menu paradox-commit-list hydra lv
paradox-execute paradox-github paradox-core spinner org-rmail org-mhe
org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m async projectile advice grep compile
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs dash thingatpt edmacro kmacro
use-package diminish bind-key secret-data org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs network-stream starttls url-http tls gnutls mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm subr-x
puny url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg finder-inf
kotl-loaddefs info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 376549 58838)
 (symbols 48 46677 0)
 (miscs 40 227 467)
 (strings 32 112733 29030)
 (string-bytes 1 4389236)
 (vectors 16 52314)
 (vector-slots 8 1656624 204295)
 (floats 8 851 557)
 (intervals 56 928 401)
 (buffers 976 22)
 (heap 1024 54005 5448))