Subject: bug#24739: 25.1; conf-mode can't handle non escaped single quotes

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 23:40:16 +0200

"Michalis V." <[email-masked]> writes:

> which is bound to C-c C-q and it will temporarily fix the incorrect string
> font-locking.. Any chance if it is sufficient for you Diego or do you think
> a more permanent solution should be implemented instead?

Yeah, I guess there's just to many variations in the syntax here for the
mode to do something better than it does.

It was suggested to treat quotes like string quotes when they're paired,
but that would mean

foo=I'm here and I'm there

would have "m here and I" quoted as a string, which isn't much of an
improvement.

So I think the user should just use the `C-c C-q' command (as you point
out) if conf-mode is doing it wrong in that particular conf file, and
I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no