Subject: Re: bug#24724: 25.1; Arabic Printing Problem

From: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 18:16:05 +0000

Sorry I did not say that; I just said when I write in libreoffice, I can
print well.

When I write Arabic in emacs, the buffer looks great. However, when I
spool to ps and open this ps using Ghostscript the letters are
reversed. Another clue is this: when I run ps2pdf to the ps file it
fails converting.

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 17:17:04 +0000
>> 
>> I just want to be able to print Arabic buffers to pdf or to printer. I
>> searched alot and then found the .emacs snippet that I included in my
>> email. If there is another easier way that will be great.
>
> So you are saying that djvmono.bdf font (or maybe BDF fonts in
> general) make the bidirectional text look in the correct order, while
> other fonts don't?  My guess would be that Ghostscript is reordering
> the text, I see a bidi module in its sources.  So I think the key to
> this puzzle is to use Ghostscript.