Subject: bug#24724: 25.1; Arabic Printing Problem

From: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 17:17:04 +0000

Ok, thanks so much for your fast reply.

I just want to be able to print Arabic buffers to pdf or to printer. I
searched alot and then found the .emacs snippet that I included in my
email. If there is another easier way that will be great.

Regarding printing from other software, yes I am able to print, e.g.,
from Libreoffice. However, I did not try others.

Thanks and looking forward.

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 16:21:45 +0000
>> 
>> When I write Arabic in Emacs buffer, it writes well. However, to print
>> the buffer I use ps-spool-buffer, then save the buffer to tmp.ps then
>> open using gs. However, the ps file has letters in revers order.
>
> How does this work with other software which produces PostScript?
> Does PostScript have a way to ask the printer to reorder the text? if
> so, how?  Or is the program that generates PS supposed to reorder the
> text?  In the latter case, we need to modify ps-print to do that.
>
>> I use this in my .emacs:
>
> Can you explain why and how this does the job?  Is there something
> special in djvmono.bdf font?  Or am I missing the part that reorders
> the bidirectional text?