Subject: bug#24721: 25.1; Reverse the order of `isearch-message-prefix' prefixes from function advice property

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 23:23:33 +0300

> When there is multiple advice (from `add-function') of
> `isearch-filter-predicate' that has property `isearch-message-prefix',
> these prefixes are currently shown left to right in the Isearch prompt,
> with the first added being on the left and the last added being on the
> right.
>
> I think this is backwards from what a user expects.  I've reversed the
> order in my own copy, and I think it is more helpful: The first one you
> see is the latest applied.  Entries are added and removed on the left,
> not the right.  The most important such prefix is typically the last
> one applied, and having it on the left makes it more noticeable (IMO).

"Adjectives in English absolutely have to be in this order:
opinion-size-age-shape-colour-origin-material-purpose Noun.
So you can have a lovely little old rectangular green French
silver whittling knife." - an excerpt from a book called
"The Elements of Eloquence" by Mark Forsyth.
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=27890

Does a similar natural order exist for Isearch, so prefixes
absolutely have to be in the order "overwrapped regexp I-search",
but not "regexp overwrapped I-search"?