Subject: bug#24718: 25.1; (auth-source-search) fails in 25.1.1 for OSX

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 06:03:00 -0400

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 20:30:25 +0200 Alexey Veretennikov <[email-masked]> wrote: 

AV> Emacs for OSX installed from http://emacsformacosx.com/
AV> Perform in *scratch* buffer
AV> (require 'auth-source)
AV> auth-source
AV> (auth-source-search)
AV> <= here the error Debugger entered--Lisp error: (epg-error "no usable
AV> configuration" OpenPGP) occurs
AV> See screenshot attached.

I don't have access to that platform, but there are two easy things you
can do to help us locate the problem:

1) open any .gpg file directly. Does that fail with the same message?

2) set auth-sources to ~/.authinfo and put some lines in that file. Does
that work?

If (1) fails and (2) works, the problem is in EPA/EPG or its
configuration, and not auth-source. You can use (2) as a workaround
until this issue is resolved.

Thanks
Ted