Subject: Re: bug#24718: emacs25.1 + gnus, opening message gives: epg-error "no usable configuration" CMS, bug#24718: 25.1; (auth-source-search) fails in 25.1.1 for OSX

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:51:26 +0200

On Okt 20 2016, Gijs Hillenius <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 20 Oct 2016, Daiki Ueno wrote:
>
>>> Well, that explains something :-) I did not before have this gpgsm
>>> installed. Now I have, but oddly, now gnus takes forever to open the
>>> message.
>>
>> S/MIME signature verification with gpgsm could take some time.  If it
>> takes really too long, a usual suggestion is to gather debug output
>> with (setq epg-debug t).
>
> it takes many minutes.. and I give up waiting, so press C-g

Perhaps it needs to download the CRL, which can take a long time.  Watch
the directory ~/.gnupg/dirmngr-cache.d while it hangs.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."