Subject: 26.0.50; Error message when opening font selection dialog on macOS

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 19:39:26 +0200

After selecting "Option > Select Default Font..." on macOS Sierra, the
following error message is printed on stderr:

2016-10-16 19:31:07.006754 Emacs[25238:14528037] NSToolbarItem (<NSToolbarItem: 0x102131540>) had to adjust the size of <NSPopUpButton: 0x10a767b40> from {40, 25} to the expected size of {42, 27}. Make sure that this toolbar item view has a valid frame/min/max size. This is an app bug, please do not file a bug against AppKit or NSToolbar! Break on _NSToolbarAdjustedBorderedControlSizeBreakpoint

Unfortunately I couldn't debug this further in LLDB; while I could set
the breakpoint on the given function, it apparently wasn't reached.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.4 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.0.0, NS appkit-1504.00 Version 10.12 (Build 16A323))
 of 2016-10-16 built on p
Repository revision: cf566b46a6cf85c6d54d0b0db80e32ed6ae8d1ca
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --enable-checking
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --without-xml2'

Configured features:
RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS
MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 206725 8026)
 (symbols 48 20333 0)
 (miscs 40 44 140)
 (strings 32 18485 6284)
 (string-bytes 1 595425)
 (vectors 16 35287)
 (vector-slots 8 683828 5550)
 (floats 8 183 17)
 (intervals 56 219 0)
 (buffers 976 12))