Subject: 26.0.50; Feature request: Replace double quotes in electric-quote-mode

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 19:24:03 +0200

Currently electric-quote-mode only replaces ' and `.  I propose that
it also replace " with a left double quote after spaces, newlines, and
open parentheses, and with a right double quote after alphanumerics and
other punctuation.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.4 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.0.0, NS appkit-1504.00 Version 10.12 (Build 16A323))
 of 2016-10-16 built on p
Repository revision: cf566b46a6cf85c6d54d0b0db80e32ed6ae8d1ca
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Recent messages:
Mark set
Setting ‘send-mail-function’ temporarily since "emacs -q" would overwrite customizations
Sending...
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Setting ‘smtpmail-smtp-server’ temporarily since "emacs -q" would overwrite customizations
Setting ‘smtpmail-smtp-service’ temporarily since "emacs -q" would overwrite customizations
Sending email 
Sending email done
Sending...done

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --enable-checking
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --without-xml2'

Configured features:
RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS
MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls mailalias smtpmail auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs cus-edit cus-start
cus-load wid-edit pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 235881 14695)
 (symbols 48 22643 6)
 (miscs 40 66 361)
 (strings 32 24312 6843)
 (string-bytes 1 751015)
 (vectors 16 37279)
 (vector-slots 8 708029 5877)
 (floats 8 225 337)
 (intervals 56 511 28)
 (buffers 976 15))