Subject: Re: bug#24707: 25.1; Window shrinks automatically after opening at normal size

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 22:09:35 +0300

[Please keep the bug address on the CC list.]

> From: "Ivor Durham" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 11:43:13 -0700
> 
> Emacs is the only application I've encountered exhibiting this behavior
> after the upgrade, so I inferred that it was a different version of Emacs.

What was your previous version of Emacs?

> Firefox, Thunderbird, gimp, etc. all open their window(s) normally on my
> remotely connected system. 

What happens if you invoke "emacs -q" (lowercase 'q')?  Do you see the
splash screen with the GNU image?

> I did, however, make a discovery later after reporting the problem: When
> connected remotely, I found that the bash shell DISPLAY environment variable
> is set to "localhost:10.0". If I set DISPLAY to my remote system's actual
> address ("192.168.0.103:0"), the window opens normally and doesn't shrink
> after opening.

Later you wrote (again, in a private email):

> I take back the discovery; It's back to shrinking the window this morning
> even with DISPLAY set to the actual address.