Subject: bug#24696: Xorg segfault

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 21:32:21 +0200

Hello,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [    27.673] (II) LoadModule: "ati"
> [    27.674] (II) Loading /gnu/store/r9l8k52a9alvycl7qd4sm3kxp5d682g5-xf86-video-ati-7.7.0/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ati_drv.so
> [    27.737] (II) Module ati: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
> [    27.737] 	compiled for 1.18.1, module version = 7.7.0
> [    27.738] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
> [    27.738] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
> [    27.738] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
> [    27.739] (II) Loading /gnu/store/r9l8k52a9alvycl7qd4sm3kxp5d682g5-xf86-video-ati-7.7.0/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so
> [    27.929] (II) Module radeon: vendor="X.Org Foundation"

[...]

> [    28.167] (II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon chipsets:

[...]

> [    28.615] (II) FBDEV(0): hardware: ATI Radeon 5b63 (video memory: 262144kB)

Xorg seems to be using the ATI driver, which was just recently added to
the default set of Xorg drivers (commit
3126fd8820e8c30e27ef978d66dced8763d04905).

Could you try reverting that commit and see if it gives you a working
Xorg over VESA/FB or something?

Is xf86-video-ati known to be unstable?

Thanks,
Ludo’.