Subject: bug#24687: Bug #24687 Hunting: Tests fail building on Arch Linux

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 21:27:37 +0100

Dear David,

The 3 failing tests -- listed below -- are all relative to connection
over Internet. As Ludo spotted out [2]:

> <<
> I think there’s not much we can do on your side, but you should
> definitely complain to your ISP.  :-)
> >>

I do not know how you run the test suite and I am totally ignorant
about Arch Linux, but could you check if everything is right about
your Internet connection when running the test suite; especially if
you use kind of isolation.

I am inclined to close this bug because it is not coming from our
side.  I mean we have already enough open bugs. ;-)
But, let us know how could we help you to resolve this. And maybe the
discussion could be moved on [email-masked].

PS:
Note the 3 same tests are failing too about the version
1.0.1.3489-0ed97 -- that you have sent me privately.

All the best,
simon

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
test-name: substitute query, alternating URLs
location: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-dave/aur-guix/src/guix-0.11.0/tests/store.scm:456
source:
+ (test-assert
+   "substitute query, alternating URLs"
[...]
+              (not (has-substitutes? s o)))))))
substitute: warning: authentication and authorization of substitutes disabled!
substitute: guix substitute: warning: ACL for archive imports seems to
be uninitialized, substitutes may be unavailable
substitute: warning: authentication and authorization of substitutes disabled!
substitute: guix substitute: warning: ACL for archive imports seems to
be uninitialized, substitutes may be unavailable
substitute: Backtrace:
[...]
substitute: guix/ui.scm:1209:6: In procedure run-guix-command:
substitute: guix/ui.scm:1209:6: unmatched line "<html><head><meta
http-equiv=\"refresh\"
content=\"0;url=http://webhelper.centurylink.com/index.php?origURL=http://does-not-exist/nix-cache-info&bc=\"/></head><body><script
type=\"text/javascript\">window.location=\"http://webhelper.centurylink.com/index.php?origURL=\"+escape(window.location)+\"&r=\"+escape(document.referrer)+\"&bc=\";</script></body></html>"
actual-value: #f
actual-error:
+ (srfi-34
+   #<condition &nix-protocol-error [message: "substituter
`substitute' died unexpectedly" status: 1] 55cb734910f0>)
result: FAIL
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
test-name: home-page: host not found
location: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-dave/aur-guix/src/guix-0.11.0/tests/lint.scm:393
source:
+ (test-assert
+   "home-page: host not found"
+   (->bool
+     (string-contains
+       (with-warnings
+         (let ((pkg (package
+                      (inherit (dummy-package "x"))
+                      (home-page "http://does-not-exist"))))
+           (check-home-page pkg)))
+       "domain not found")))
actual-value: #f
result: FAIL
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+ guix download --version
guix download (GNU Guix) 0.11.0
Copyright (C) 2016 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
+ guix download http://does.not/exist
accepted connection from pid 31572, user dave

Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.EFmc9e
>From http://does.not/exist...
  [K exist                                               0B/s 00:00 |
0B transferred  [K exist
1001KiB/s 00:00 | 333B transferred
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-dave/aur-guix/src/guix-0.11.0/test-tmp/store/9qq1hrycl6l8i0plp2il2xl2pcjrs1j4-exist
1yi31kb19m808zq7ggm3x0kq60qnl0w81has8llim060pvkqg910
+ false
./test-env: line 1: 31475 Terminated
"/tmp/yaourt-tmp-dave/aur-guix/src/guix-0.11.0/pre-inst-env"
"/tmp/yaourt-tmp-dave/aur-guix/src/guix-0.11.0/guix-daemon"
--disable-chroot --substitute-urls="$GUIX_BINARY_SUBSTITUTE_URL"
FAIL tests/guix-download.sh (exit status: 1)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> [2] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24687#8