Subject: bug#24683: closed (Re: bug#24683: 25.1; tab in bibtex)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 17:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24683: 25.1; tab in bibtex

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24683: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24683
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24683: 25.1; tab in bibtex
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Gildea <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 18:56:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Daniel Gildea <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, November 11, 2019 at  3:06PM, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>> So I guess this bug report could be closed?
>
> yes!

Thanks, closing the bug with this message.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 25.1; tab in bibtex
From: Daniel Gildea <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:58:07 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is a request to change one of the default key bindings in
bibtex mode.  TAB is bound to bibtex-find-text.  This causes an
error when pasting text containing a tab character into a
terminal-based emacs.  Tab characters are often used for
formating in bibtex files, in particular in the output of the
conversion utility bibutils.

I suspect that bibtex-find-text is rarely used, since it does
almost the same thing as C-e in most cases.  I would suggest
having tab self-insert, and leaving bibtex-find-text without
a key, or possibly finding a new key combination for bibtex-find-text.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.9)
 of 2016-08-30 built on buildvm-06.phx2.fedoraproject.org
System Description:	Fedora release 24 (Twenty Four)