Subject: bug#24682: Emacs 25 from GIT build issue under Ubuntu 16.10

From: Cesar Quiroz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 20:04:06 -0700

--César

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Cesar Quiroz wrote:
>
>> There was something in the release notes about -no-pie being the standard
>> negation of -pie, while -nopie was introduced (by Debian?) to deal with
>> the
>> issue.
>>
>
> Which release notes?
>

I meant 16.10:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseNotes, and from
there specifically:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/PIE

> I installed the attached into the Emacs master branch; does it fix the
> problem? If so, I'll backport it to emacs-25 and ask you to test that.
>

Works for master; ready to test emacs-25.

For reference, I did a 'git clean -fdx' in the git workdir, autogen, and
then I configured the build area with

$ ./config.status --config
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-file-notification=yes' '--with-modules'
$