Subject: Re: bug#24681: undefined reference to `mktime_internal' on solaris sparc

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 13:46:09 +0100

Hi Christian,

On Thu 13 Oct 2016 08:03, "Christian Jullien" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Trying to compile guile on solaris sparcs (I’m using gcc 6.2) I get:
>
> CC guile-guile.o
>
> CCLD guile
>
> ./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `mktime_internal'
>
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

This appears to be a Gnulib problem of some kind.  See:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2016-07/msg00012.html

I believe that after updating gnulib, one of the modules we pulled in
added this mktime-internal dependency.  It should be built on platforms
that require it, and not otherwise.  It appears that your platform
requires it but is not building it; irritating!  

I just updated Gnulib again today; I wonder if it fixes this problem.
Are you able to build from git?  If so can you try the stable-2.0
branch?

Andy