Subject: bug#24671: java-mode confused by non-trivial generics

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 16:36:23 +0000

Hello, Lars and Daniel.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 17:11:23 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > I think the bug should be reopened: it was about the syntax on < and >
> > rather than the fontification.

> > If you put point in front of any of the <s, you should be able to
> > execute C-M-f, moving to the matching >.

> Oh, I see; reopening.

> > This doesn't happen in the current scenario because the closing >s,
> > written without intervening spaces, get confused with the Java shift
> > right operator ">>>".  If you insert a space into that triplet, the
> > syntax comes back again.

> > This will be easy to fix.

> I bet.

I've committed a fix to the master branch.  Maybe one or both of you
might want to try it out before the bug is closed.

> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).