Subject: Re: bug#24669: 25.1; Cannot display images

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 20:46:30 +0300

> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > We keep this info in README.W32, which should be in the zip file.
> 
> No, not that I can find.

That's a packaging bug, then.  You can find the file here:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/nt/README.W32?h=emacs-25

> What I'm looking for now is just what dirs I need to add to
> my PATH env var.

The above file says:

  Emacs will find these libraries if the directory they are installed
  in is on the PATH or in the same directory where you have emacs.exe.

But that's, of course, a general Windows system configuration note,
not something specific to Emacs and/or those DLLs.

It's possible that the "deps" zip file should have a README of its
own, I don't know.