Subject: AUCTeX citation color

From: Travis Knepp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 06:49:12 -0400

Coloring of citations (when using \citep, \citet, etc. as opposed to 
just using \cite) is not properly working.  Details from the 
stackexchange post 
(http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/27591/auctex-citation-color) 
are here:

When inserting a reference in a LaTeX document (using Auctex) I normally 
type:

|\cite{joebob_2010} |

where "\cite" shows up in blue font, while "joebob_2010" shows up 
reddish/purple. I like this coloring. However, when I use

|\citep{joebob_2010} |

all text shows up white.

In my .emacs file I put:

|(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook (lambda () (font-lock-add-keywords nil 
'(("\\(\\\\citep\\)\\s-*{" 1 font-lock-keyword-face t))) 
(font-lock-add-keywords nil '(("\\(\\\\citet\\)\\s-*{" 1 
font-lock-keyword-face t))) )) |

This changed the color of "\citep" to blue, but the reference to 
"joebob_2010" remains white. Can I modify this to have the same coloring 
as "\cite{joebob_2010}"?

-- 

Travis N. Knepp

Lead Research Scientist

SAGE-III on ISS <http://sage.nasa.gov/>CAPABLE Air Quality Station 
<http://capable.larc.nasa.gov/>

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Mail Stop 401A, B1250, Room 149
Hampton, VA 23681-2199

757-864-5558

Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI)

/Science and Technology with Passion/

10210 Greenbelt Road, Suite 600

Lanham, MD 20706

www.ssaihq.com <http://www.ssaihq.com/>

Please be mindful about forwarding this e-mail; it may contain 
confidential information that is not intended for anyone else. Thank you.