Subject: bug#24640: Crashes in 25.1

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:19:51 +0300

> Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 17:53:33 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > ​If you use "ssh -X", you can get an X connection and Emacs will start a GUI session. That's the simplest thing
> > I can think of; not really a trick at all.​
> 
> Yes, I know, but that requires me to have an X server here, which I
> don't have, and prefer not to set up.  Is there some way of telling
> Emacs to open its display on your local terminal instead?

Alternatively, maybe you could start Emacs yourself, stop it at the
beginning of 'main' (e.g. with the "start" command instead or "run"),
then let me connect to the terminal where GDB runs via 'screen' or
somesuch.  (I don't know the details, as I almost never use 'screen',
I just know that someone once provided such a possibility for me from
a remore login.)

TIA