Subject: bug#24640: closed (Re: bug#24640: Crashes in 25.1)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 20:07:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24640: Crashes in 25.1

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24640: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24640
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24640: Crashes in 25.1
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 23:06:00 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 21:45:14 +0100
> Cc: Toby Cubitt <[email-masked]>, Phillip Lord <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On 12 October 2016 at 20:15, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>  Your surprise is IMO a reason good enough to ask Reuben to send you
>  the undo-tree history file for analysis. Who knows, it might even be
>  the clue we are looking for. (I agree that the error alone should
>  not, and most probably is not, the cause of the crash.)
> 
> ​Toby, I'm happy to send you this file if you like.​
> 
> ​Apologies, I'm having trouble following all the ramifications of Eli's energetic debugging effort; is there any
> other action you (Toby) would like me to take?

This bug is now fixed on the emacs-25 branch.  It was caused by a
change 2 years ago that placed a stack-allocated cons cell in a
staticpro'd list that is a value of a global variable, which isn't
cleared when that stack slot goes out of scope.

Many thanks to Reuben for letting me (ab)use his system and his time
in order to find and fix this bug.

Subject: Crashes in 25.1
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: bug-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 00:12:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Using 25.1 Ubuntu packages from https://launchpad.net/~adrozdoff

Core was generated by `/home/rrt/.local/bin/emacs'.
Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
#0  0x00007fe0d911f2a9 in raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c:35
35 ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c: No such file or directory.
[Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x7fe0e00bab00 (LWP 16170))]
(gdb) where
#0  0x00007fe0d911f2a9 in raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c:35
#1  0x00000000004ef104 in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=sig@entry=6,
backtrace_limit=backtrace_limit@entry=40) at emacs.c:381
#2  0x0000000000508383 in emacs_abort () at sysdep.c:2247
#3  0x0000000000563540 in Fsignal (error_symbol=error_symbol@entry=28656,
data=101381475) at eval.c:1478
#4  0x0000000000563549 in xsignal (error_symbol=error_symbol@entry=28656,
data=<optimised out>) at eval.c:1577
#5  0x0000000000563577 in xsignal1 (error_symbol=error_symbol@entry=28656,
arg=<optimised out>) at eval.c:1592
#6  0x00000000005330db in compile_pattern (posix=<optimised out>,
translate=0, pattern=<optimised out>, cp=0xb90db8 <searchbufs+1080>) at
search.c:154
#7  0x00000000005330db in compile_pattern (pattern=pattern@entry=52039844,
regp=regp@entry=0x0, translate=translate@entry=0, posix=posix@entry=false,
multibyte=<optimised out>) at search.c:237
#8  0x00000000005352a1 in fast_string_match_internal
(regexp=regexp@entry=52039844,
string=string@entry=91929188, table=table@entry=0) at search.c:471
#9  0x000000000051cf51 in Ffind_file_name_handler (string=91929188,
regexp=52039844) at lisp.h:4010
#10 0x000000000051cf51 in Ffind_file_name_handler
(filename=filename@entry=91929188,
operation=operation@entry=19872)
    at fileio.c:292
#11 0x000000000051e460 in Fexpand_file_name (name=91929188,
default_directory=default_directory@entry=0) at fileio.c:809
#12 0x000000000052425d in Fdo_auto_save (no_message=<optimised out>,
    no_message@entry=44448, current_only=current_only@entry=0) at
fileio.c:5521
#13 0x00000000004eef20 in shut_down_emacs (sig=sig@entry=11,
stuff=stuff@entry=0) at emacs.c:2000
#14 0x00000000004ef0d5 in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=sig@entry=11,
backtrace_limit=backtrace_limit@entry=40) at emacs.c:365
#15 0x0000000000506fce in handle_fatal_signal (sig=sig@entry=11) at
sysdep.c:1601
#16 0x00000000005071f3 in deliver_thread_signal (sig=sig@entry=11,
handler=0x506fc0 <handle_fatal_signal>) at sysdep.c:1575
#17 0x000000000050725f in handle_sigsegv (sig=11) at sysdep.c:1613
#18 0x000000000050725f in handle_sigsegv (sig=11, siginfo=<optimised out>,
arg=<optimised out>) at sysdep.c:1695
#19 0x00007fe0d911f3d0 in <signal handler called> () at
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
#20 0x000000000054a8e9 in mark_object (arg=<optimised out>) at alloc.c:6446
#21 0x000000000054a9cb in mark_object (arg=<optimised out>) at alloc.c:6539
#22 0x000000000054a9cb in mark_object (arg=<optimised out>) at alloc.c:6539
#23 0x000000000054b20c in Fgarbage_collect (end=0x7fff0376df88) at
alloc.c:5745
#24 0x000000000054b20c in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:5979
#25 0x000000000059979e in exec_byte_code () at lisp.h:4656
#26 0x000000000059979e in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>,
args_template=args_template@entry=0, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised
out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:714
#27 0x000000000056283f in funcall_lambda (fun=78975333, nargs=nargs@entry=1,
arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff0376e300)
    at eval.c:2921
#28 0x0000000000562c3b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=args@entry=0x7fff0376e2f8)
at eval.c:2754
#29 0x00000000005975d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>,
args_template=args_template@entry=0, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised
out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#30 0x000000000056283f in funcall_lambda (fun=78974597, nargs=nargs@entry=2,
arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff0376e520)
    at eval.c:2921
#31 0x0000000000562c3b in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=args@entry=0x7fff0376e518)
at eval.c:2754
#32 0x00000000005975d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>,
args_template=args_template@entry=0, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised
out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#33 0x000000000056283f in funcall_lambda (fun=78926773, nargs=nargs@entry=1,
arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff0376e740)
    at eval.c:2921
#34 0x0000000000562c3b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=args@entry=0x7fff0376e738)
at eval.c:2754
#35 0x00000000005975d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>,
args_template=args_template@entry=0, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised
out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#36 0x000000000056283f in funcall_lambda (fun=78925797, nargs=nargs@entry=2,
arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff0376e958)
    at eval.c:2921
#37 0x0000000000562c3b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=3,
args=0x7fff0376e950) at eval.c:2754
#38 0x0000000000564020 in Fapply (nargs=nargs@entry=2,
args=args@entry=0x7fff0376ea10)
at eval.c:2321
#39 0x000000000056425c in apply1 (fn=56303360, arg=<optimised out>) at
eval.c:2537
#40 0x000000000056163e in internal_condition_case_1 (bfun=bfun@entry=0x59b3f0
<read_process_output_call>, arg=103083523, handlers=handlers@entry=19056,
hfun=hfun@entry=0x59b370 <read_process_output_error_handler>) at eval.c:1333
#41 0x000000000059af2d in read_process_output (coding=0x53b3920,
nbytes=652, chars=0x7fff0376eaa0 "Unescaped left brace in regex is
deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\\\\begin{ <--
HERE tex}(.*?)\\\\end{tex}/ at /usr/bin/texify line 521.\nUnescaped left
brace in regex is depre"..., p=0x287) at process.c:5440
#42 0x000000000059af2d in read_process_output (proc=proc@entry=86121909,
channel=<optimised out>) at process.c:5351
#43 0x000000000059cd88 in status_notify
(deleting_process=deleting_process@entry=0x0, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0)
    at process.c:6655
#44 0x00000000005a37ae in wait_reading_process_output
(time_limit=<optimised out>, nsecs=<optimised out>, read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1,
do_display=do_display@entry=true, wait_for_cell=wait_for_cell@entry=0,
wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4663
#45 0x00000000004fa0b4 in read_char (end_time=0x7fff037706f0,
used_mouse_menu=0x0, kbp=<synthetic pointer>)
    at keyboard.c:3798
#46 0x00000000004fa0b4 in read_char (used_mouse_menu=<optimised out>,
local_getcjmp=<optimised out>, end_time=<optimised out>) at keyboard.c:2148
#47 0x00000000004fa0b4 in read_char (used_mouse_menu=<optimised out>,
prev_event=<optimised out>, local_getcjmp=<optimised out>,
end_time=<optimised out>) at keyboard.c:2211
#48 0x00000000004fa0b4 in read_char (commandflag=commandflag@entry=0,
map=map@entry=0, prev_event=prev_event@entry=0,
used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x0, end_time=0x7fff037706f0) at
keyboard.c:2799
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#49 0x0000000000580baf in read_filtered_event (no_switch_frame=false,
ascii_required=false, error_nonascii=false, input_method=<optimised out>,
seconds=<optimised out>) at lread.c:614
#50 0x0000000000562e1f in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=args@entry=0x7fff03770810)
at eval.c:2700
#51 0x00000000005975d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>, args_template=<optimised
out>, nargs=nargs@entry=1, args=<optimised out>, args@entry=0x877d4c
<pure+126988>) at bytecode.c:880
#52 0x0000000000562976 in funcall_lambda (fun=140733251521104,
nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=0x877d4c <pure+126988>,
    arg_vector@entry=0x7fff037709b8) at eval.c:2855
#53 0x0000000000562c3b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=args@entry=0x7fff037709b0)
at eval.c:2754
#54 0x00000000005975d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>, args_template=<optimised
out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised out>, args@entry=0x3dd8da4) at
bytecode.c:880
#55 0x0000000000562976 in funcall_lambda (fun=140733251521824,
nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=0x3dd8da4,
    arg_vector@entry=0x7fff03770c98) at eval.c:2855
#56 0x0000000000562c3b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=1,
args=args@entry=0x7fff03770c90)
at eval.c:2754
#57 0x00000000005641bc in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fff03770c90) at
eval.c:2274
#58 0x0000000000562d41 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=args@entry=0x7fff03770c88)
at eval.c:2673
#59 0x00000000005975d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>,
args_template=args_template@entry=0, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised
out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#60 0x000000000056283f in funcall_lambda (fun=10146693, nargs=nargs@entry=1,
arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff03770ea8)
    at eval.c:2921
#61 0x0000000000562c3b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2,
args=args@entry=0x7fff03770ea0)
at eval.c:2754
#62 0x0000000000562f3a in call1 (fn=fn@entry=45264, arg1=arg1@entry=80505365)
at eval.c:2552
#63 0x00000000004f49c8 in timer_check (idle_timers=<optimised out>,
timers=<optimised out>) at keyboard.c:4427
#64 0x00000000004f49c8 in timer_check () at keyboard.c:4489
#65 0x00000000004f4d89 in readable_events (flags=flags@entry=1) at
keyboard.c:3328
#66 0x00000000004f6608 in get_input_pending (flags=flags@entry=1) at
keyboard.c:6725
#67 0x00000000004f8d78 in detect_input_pending_run_timers
(do_display=do_display@entry=true) at keyboard.c:9862
#68 0x00000000005a2abb in wait_reading_process_output
(time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, nsecs=nsecs@entry=0,
read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true,
wait_for_cell=wait_for_cell@entry=0, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0,
just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4958
#69 0x0000000000422e12 in sit_for (timeout=<optimised out>,
reading=reading@entry=true, display_option=display_option@entry=1) at
dispnew.c:5762
#70 0x00000000004fb273 in read_char (commandflag=commandflag@entry=1,
map=map@entry=94322451, prev_event=0,
used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fff03771b4b,
end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2714
#71 0x00000000004fbeda in read_key_sequence
(keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fff03771c20,
prompt=prompt@entry=0, dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false,
can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true,
fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true,
prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30) at
keyboard.c:9063
#72 0x00000000004fdb26 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1365
#73 0x00000000005615b2 in internal_condition_case (bfun=bfun@entry=0x4fd920
<command_loop_1>, handlers=handlers@entry=19056, hfun=hfun@entry=0x4f4080
<cmd_error>) at eval.c:1309
#74 0x00000000004ef54c in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=0) at
keyboard.c:1107
#75 0x0000000000561553 in internal_catch (tag=tag@entry=45840,
func=func@entry=0x4ef530 <command_loop_2>, arg=arg@entry=0)
    at eval.c:1074
#76 0x00000000004ef509 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1086
#77 0x00000000004f3c77 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:692
#78 0x00000000004f3fb8 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:763
#79 0x0000000000418dfe in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fff03771fa8) at emacs.c:1626
(gdb)

​I tried ​building the current emacs-25 branch with ./configure
--with-xwidgets --with-cairo --with-modules, I get a different crash:

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x00007f1fd486a2a9 in raise (sig=sig@entry=11) at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c:35
35 ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c: No such file or directory.
[Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x7f1fdd77ab00 (LWP 2411))]
(gdb) where
#0  0x00007f1fd486a2a9 in raise (sig=sig@entry=11) at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c:35
#1  0x00000000004f11c4 in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=sig@entry=11,
backtrace_limit=backtrace_limit@entry=40) at emacs.c:381
#2  0x000000000050901e in handle_fatal_signal (sig=sig@entry=11) at
sysdep.c:1601
#3  0x0000000000509243 in deliver_thread_signal (sig=sig@entry=11,
handler=0x509010 <handle_fatal_signal>) at sysdep.c:1575
#4  0x00000000005092af in handle_sigsegv (sig=11) at sysdep.c:1613
#5  0x00000000005092af in handle_sigsegv (sig=11, siginfo=<optimised out>,
arg=<optimised out>) at sysdep.c:1695
#6  0x00007f1fd486a3d0 in <signal handler called> () at
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
#7  0x000000000056dd24 in sxhash (y=<error reading variable: Cannot access
memory at address 0x0>, x=0) at lisp.h:2025
#8  0x000000000056dd24 in sxhash (len=<optimised out>, ptr=<optimised out>)
at fns.c:4246
#9  0x000000000056dd24 in sxhash (len=<optimised out>, ptr=<optimised out>)
at fns.c:4258
#10 0x000000000056dd24 in sxhash (obj=<optimised out>, depth=depth@entry=1)
at fns.c:4371
#11 0x000000000056dd8e in sxhash (depth=1, obj=<optimised out>) at
fns.c:4296
#12 0x000000000056dd8e in sxhash (depth=0, list=12657603) at fns.c:4298
#13 0x000000000056dd8e in sxhash (obj=<optimised out>, depth=0) at
fns.c:4391
#14 0x00000000005700f1 in hash_lookup (h=h@entry=0x123d968,
key=key@entry=12657603,
hash=hash@entry=0x0) at fns.c:3944
#15 0x00000000005701c6 in Fgethash (key=key@entry=12657603, table=19126637,
dflt=dflt@entry=0) at fns.c:4621
#16 0x00000000005c4462 in ftfont_lookup_cache (key=12657603,
cache_for=cache_for@entry=FTFONT_CACHE_FOR_FACE) at ftfont.c:375
#17 0x00000000005c557e in ftfont_close (font=0x13399f0) at ftfont.c:1329
#18 0x000000000054964d in sweep_vectors () at alloc.c:3219
#19 0x000000000054d747 in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:6981
#20 0x000000000054d747 in Fgarbage_collect (end=0x7ffe7d9773f8) at
alloc.c:5795
#21 0x000000000054d747 in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:5979
#22 0x0000000000564b54 in Ffuncall () at lisp.h:4656
#23 0x0000000000564b54 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2,
args=args@entry=0x7ffe7d9775c0)
at eval.c:2648
#24 0x0000000000564f7a in call1 (fn=fn@entry=21648, arg1=arg1@entry=71809572)
at eval.c:2557
#25 0x0000000000588064 in readevalloop (readcharfun=readcharfun@entry=24384,
stream=stream@entry=0x447bd50, sourcename=sourcename@entry=71809572,
printflag=printflag@entry=false, unibyte=unibyte@entry=0,
readfun=readfun@entry=0, start=0, end=0)
    at lread.c:1830
#26 0x000000000058874c in Fload (file=9181396, noerror=noerror@entry=0,
nomessage=nomessage@entry=44784, nosuffix=nosuffix@entry=0,
must_suffix=<optimised out>, must_suffix@entry=44784) at lread.c:1335
#27 0x000000000056658f in Fautoload_do_load (fundef=9508451,
funname=4814608, macro_only=0) at eval.c:1962
#28 0x0000000000564e5f in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=args@entry=0x7ffe7d977940)
at eval.c:2705
#29 0x000000000059c8d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>, args_template=<optimised
out>, nargs=nargs@entry=1, args=<optimised out>, args@entry=0x4131664) at
bytecode.c:880
#30 0x00000000005649b6 in funcall_lambda (fun=140731005500480,
nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=0x4131664,
    arg_vector@entry=0x7ffe7d977b98) at eval.c:2860
#31 0x0000000000564c7b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=args@entry=0x7ffe7d977b90)
at eval.c:2759
#32 0x000000000059c8d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>, args_template=<optimised
out>, nargs=nargs@entry=10, args=<optimised out>, args@entry=0x4130fc4) at
bytecode.c:880
#33 0x00000000005649b6 in funcall_lambda (fun=140731005501328,
nargs=nargs@entry=10, arg_vector=0x4130fc4,
    arg_vector@entry=0x7ffe7d977d58) at eval.c:2860
#34 0x0000000000564c7b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=11,
args=0x7ffe7d977d50) at eval.c:2759
#35 0x0000000000566060 in Fapply (nargs=<optimised out>,
args=0x7ffe7d977f10) at eval.c:2326
#36 0x0000000000564d81 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=args@entry=0x7ffe7d977f08)
at eval.c:2678
#37 0x000000000059c8d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>, args_template=<optimised
out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised out>, args@entry=0x41306c4) at
bytecode.c:880
#38 0x00000000005649b6 in funcall_lambda (fun=140731005501776,
nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=0x41306c4,
    arg_vector@entry=0x7ffe7d9780c0) at eval.c:2860
#39 0x0000000000564c7b in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=args@entry=0x7ffe7d9780b8)
at eval.c:2759
#40 0x000000000059c8d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>, args_template=<optimised
out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised out>, args@entry=0x41303f4) at
bytecode.c:880
#41 0x00000000005649b6 in funcall_lambda (fun=140731005502496,
nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=0x41303f4,
    arg_vector@entry=0x7ffe7d978398) at eval.c:2860
#42 0x0000000000564c7b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=1,
args=args@entry=0x7ffe7d978390)
at eval.c:2759
#43 0x00000000005661fc in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7ffe7d978390) at
eval.c:2279
#44 0x0000000000564d81 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=args@entry=0x7ffe7d978388)
at eval.c:2678
#45 0x000000000059c8d3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimised out>,
vector=<optimised out>, maxdepth=<optimised out>,
args_template=args_template@entry=0, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimised
out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#46 0x000000000056487f in funcall_lambda (fun=10158805, nargs=nargs@entry=1,
arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7ffe7d9785a8)
    at eval.c:2926
#47 0x0000000000564c7b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2,
args=args@entry=0x7ffe7d9785a0)
at eval.c:2759
#48 0x0000000000564f7a in call1 (fn=fn@entry=45600, arg1=arg1@entry=89586453)
at eval.c:2557
#49 0x00000000004f6a98 in timer_check (idle_timers=<optimised out>,
timers=<optimised out>) at keyboard.c:4427
#50 0x00000000004f6a98 in timer_check () at keyboard.c:4489
#51 0x00000000004f6e59 in readable_events (flags=flags@entry=1) at
keyboard.c:3328
#52 0x00000000004f86d8 in get_input_pending (flags=flags@entry=1) at
keyboard.c:6725
#53 0x00000000004fadb8 in detect_input_pending_run_timers
(do_display=do_display@entry=true) at keyboard.c:9862
#54 0x00000000005a7d9b in wait_reading_process_output
(time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, nsecs=nsecs@entry=0,
read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true,
wait_for_cell=wait_for_cell@entry=0, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0,
just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4958
#55 0x0000000000423b12 in sit_for (timeout=<optimised out>,
reading=reading@entry=true, display_option=display_option@entry=1) at
dispnew.c:5762
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#56 0x00000000004fd092 in read_char (commandflag=commandflag@entry=1,
map=map@entry=40733251, prev_event=0,
used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7ffe7d97924b,
end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2714
#57 0x00000000004fdf2a in read_key_sequence
(keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7ffe7d979320,
prompt=prompt@entry=0, dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false,
can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true,
fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true,
prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30) at
keyboard.c:9063
#58 0x00000000004ffb76 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1365
#59 0x00000000005635f2 in internal_condition_case (bfun=bfun@entry=0x4ff970
<command_loop_1>, handlers=handlers@entry=18912, hfun=hfun@entry=0x4f6160
<cmd_error>) at eval.c:1314
#60 0x00000000004f160c in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=0) at
keyboard.c:1107
#61 0x0000000000563593 in internal_catch (tag=tag@entry=46176,
func=func@entry=0x4f15f0 <command_loop_2>, arg=arg@entry=0)
    at eval.c:1079
#62 0x00000000004f15c9 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1086
#63 0x00000000004f5d57 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:692
#64 0x00000000004f6098 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:763
#65 0x000000000041a7ce in main (argc=1, argv=0x7ffe7d9796a8) at emacs.c:1626

In both cases, the crash occurs while Emacs is lazy-loading my desktop. I
can't tell exactly what it's doing, but it appears to be about the same
place each time.

The crash happens most times, but at least once I started emacs and it
didn't crash.​​

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org