Subject: 26.0.50; Terminal paste doesn't work right in term char mode

From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 20:02:45 +0200

In a GNOME Terminal window, run

emacs -nw -Q -f term

RET to start the terminal.  Make sure it's in char mode.  Select
some text in another X window.  Go back to the Emacs term buffer, press
middle click, then press RET.
Expected behavior: Selected text gets inserted and interpreted as shell
command.
Actual behavior in Emacs 24.3: Expected behavior.
Actual behavior in Emacs built from master branch: Selected text gets
inserted, but not interpreted as shell command (i.e. nothing happens
after pressing RET).

This appears to be a regression, possibly caused by
bracketed-paste-mode.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2016-10-07 built on localhost
Repository revision: d48369db9c97b6f2accf702e5bbe0bda11cb92a1
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 97221 7197)
 (symbols 48 20242 0)
 (miscs 40 330 118)
 (strings 32 17818 3448)
 (string-bytes 1 578527)
 (vectors 16 13700)
 (vector-slots 8 448602 7351)
 (floats 8 181 64)
 (intervals 56 190 0)
 (buffers 976 11)
 (heap 1024 48904 1169))