Subject: bug#24624: 24.4; Faulty info link -> definition of nth

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 10:50:18 +0200

>> there is a link named Definition of nth. It doesn't take me to the
 >> definition of nth. It jumps me to -- Function: make-list length object.
 >
 > I cannot reproduce this, that link does work for me.  I tried both
 > Emacs 24.4 and the latest 25.1, and the Info reader built into Emacs
 > works correctly in both cases.

Something seems to be wrong with the Tag Table in elisp.info.  In this
particular case I see on line 80603 of elisp.info

Ref: Definition of nth^?260740^M

which translates in ‘Info-find-node-2’ to a guesspos of 254814 which is
somewhere in section 5.1.  With Emacs 25/26 on Windows XP.

A Emacs 25.0.50.1 build of 2014-11-25 exhibits

Ref: Definition of nth^?255333^M

which gets me to the requested definition.

BTW something completely irrational is happening with edebug here.  Once
I instrumented a function in info.el I can't `eval-buffer' the info.el
buffer unless I kill the *info* buffer first.  Otherwise, I immediately
reenter the debugger.

martin