Subject: 26.0.50; lisp-fill-paragraph broken

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 19:22:04 +0200

This commit

commit 866e3c050fe64fee81f29a335a50a11b2562422e
Author: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Apr 28 12:05:15 2016 +0200

     Don't consider colons to be paragraphs starting chars in strings

     * lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp-mode.el (lisp-fill-paragraph): Don't
     consider colons to start paragraphs in (doc) strings
     (bug#7751).

breaks filling doc-strings of defcustoms.  As an example consider the
defcustom of ‘window-min-height’ in window.el:

(defcustom window-min-height 4
   "The minimum total height, in lines, of any window.
The value has to accommodate one text line, a mode and header
line, a horizontal scroll bar and a bottom divider, if present.
A value less than `window-safe-min-height' is ignored.  The value
of this variable is honored when windows are resized or split.

Applications should never rebind this variable.  To resize a
window to a height less than the one specified here, an
application should instead call `window-resize' with a non-nil
IGNORE argument.  In order to have `split-window' make a window
shorter, explicitly specify the SIZE argument of that function."
   :type 'integer
   :version "24.1"
   :group 'windows)

Put point at the beginning of the last line of the doc-string and do

M-: (fill-paragraph)

This gets me here

(defcustom window-min-height 4
   "The minimum total height, in lines, of any window.
The value has to accommodate one text line, a mode and header
line, a horizontal scroll bar and a bottom divider, if present.
A value less than `window-safe-min-height' is ignored.  The value
of this variable is honored when windows are resized or split.

Applications should never rebind this variable.  To resize a
window to a height less than the one specified here, an
application should instead call `window-resize' with a non-nil
IGNORE argument.  In order to have `split-window' make a window
shorter, explicitly specify the SIZE argument of that function."
:type 'integer :version "24.1" :group 'windows)

martin