Subject: bug#24592: 25.1; byte-compile warning indicates wrong line

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 10:18:25 +0900

Let the contents of the file "tmp.el" be:
(defun test (files)
  (and t (string-match 1))
  (and t (string-match 1 2)))

Then input M-x byte-compile-file RET tmp.el RET

*Compile-Log* buffer shows:
In test:
tmp.el:3:11:Warning: string-match called with 1 argument, but requires 2-3

The warning must indicate the line 2.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-09-18 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6002
Configured using:
 'configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --without-dbus
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-static'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils advice
warnings byte-opt compile comint ansi-color ring bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cconv time-date
mule-util japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 103501 6163)
 (symbols 32 20830 0)
 (miscs 32 72 238)
 (strings 16 19286 4465)
 (string-bytes 1 554956)
 (vectors 8 14798)
 (vector-slots 4 535204 5216)
 (floats 8 173 246)
 (intervals 28 315 13)
 (buffers 520 22))