Subject: bug#24585: 25.1; avoid hack in ggtags.el to run compilation-auto-jump timer

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 10:27:49 +0800

On 2016-10-07 09:21 +0800, Leo Liu wrote:
> On 2016-10-06 21:37 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> That depends on how long is this problem present.  Can you tell?
>
> Originally I thought by inserting a (sit-for 0) I fixed the problem but
> people have reported otherwise
> https://github.com/leoliu/ggtags/issues/89 (which is 20 months old)
>
> Leo

After some experiments the proposed patch might not work at all.

compilation-auto-jump timer is fired by the font-locking engine. By my
observation it is possible that compilation-finish-functions (from a
process sentinel) are executed before font-locking even by inserting

  (compilation--ensure-parse (point-max))

in ggtags-global-handle-exit.

Do you see any anomaly in the observation?

The hack that is now in ggtags.el may not work either. None of the
people that reported https://github.com/leoliu/ggtags/issues/89 have
confirmed the fix. And I personally don't know how to reproduce it.

Leo