Subject: bug#24574: emacs-module is not GPL compatible (Windows)

From: Robert Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 21:37:33 -0700

Mambo Levis <[email-masked]> writes:

> 2. Do you have any idea about the error message: sqlite3-core.dll is not GPL compatible?

Well, the library needs to provide a C symbol named
"plugin_is_GPL_compatible", which the first one does. So I'm not
entirely sure why Emacs is rejecting the library.

If I had to guess, I'd suppose that whatever compiler your using is
noticing that the symbol is never used and removes it. That's an
educated guess based on what I've seen compilers do for other things
that end up being unused; I have no idea if I'm anywhere close to
correct.

On that thought, though, perhaps you could modify the
`emacs_module_init` function to touch the variable (by doing something
like, say, 'plugin_is_GPL_compatible = 42') and see what happens?

HTH,
-- 
~Robert Cochran

GPG Fingerprint - E778 2DD4 FEA6 6A68 6F26  AD2D E5C3 EB36 4886 8871