Subject: 25.1; CC Mode Manual refers to removed function last-command-char

From: Laurence Rochfort <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 11:04:28 +0100

The CC Mode Manual, File: ccmode.info,  Node: Hanging Semicolons and
Commas, refers to the last-command-char function, which does not exist
in emacs 25. It was replaced by last-command-event.

Suggest info page be updated.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.9)
 of 2016-08-30 built on buildvm-06.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Fedora release 24 (Twenty Four)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/laurence/.emacs.d/init.el
reference to free variable ‘last-command-char’
c-custom-semi&comma-no-newlines-before-nonblanks-except-closing-brace
Saving file /home/laurence/.emacs.d/init.el...
Wrote /home/laurence/.emacs.d/init.el
Mark set
Saving file /home/laurence/.emacs.d/init.el...
Wrote /home/laurence/.emacs.d/init.el
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
[mu4e] Retrieving mail...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-texinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-org hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-odt hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-md hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-man hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-html hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ox-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-version
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-table
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-src
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-macro hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-list
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-install
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-info
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-id
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-element
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-makefile hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-core hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160926/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/laurence/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-20151121.1017/seq hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug jabber-keepalive jabber-ping jabber
jabber-notifications notifications jabber-libnotify dbus jabber-awesome
jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage jabber-festival jabber-sawfish
jabber-ratpoison jabber-tmux jabber-screen jabber-socks5
jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client jabber-ft-common
jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg jabber-truncate
jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars jabber-chatstates
jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar jabber-activity jabber-watch
jabber-modeline jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version
jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp jabber-browse
jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster jabber-presence jabber-muc
jabber-bookmarks jabber-private jabber-muc-nick-coloring hexrgb
jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat jabber-history jabber-chatbuffer
jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-core jabber-console sgml-mode ewoc
jabber-keymap jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm
jabber-logon jabber-conn srv dns starttls jabber-xml xml jabber-menu
jabber-util misearch multi-isearch face-remap view debug ffap url-parse
url-vars eieio-opt paredit apropos ace-window avy cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds vc-git diff-mode powerline
powerline-separators color linum org-bullets flyspell ispell org-indent
org-mac-iCal org-w3m org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb highlight-indentation flymake
elpy pyvenv elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell files-x projectile grep
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util org-mu4e org-element avl-tree org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs mu4e-contrib gnus-dired mu4e
mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-context
mu4e-view cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs thingatpt epa derived
browse-url mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions rfc2368
smtpmail auth-source sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils doc-view mu4e-lists mu4e-vars hl-line mu4e-meta autosmiley
easy-mmode smiley gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs flycheck json map rx subr-x dash
winner smex ido-vertical-mode flx-ido flx ido-ubiquitous
ido-completing-read+ ido java-snippets yasnippet company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio eieio-core
mode-local find-func cedet dired pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu
pdf-tools compile comint ansi-color ring cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit pdf-view bookmark pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util
format-spec image-mode powerline-themes time paren flatland-theme
finder-inf edmacro kmacro advice tex-site cl-seq cl-macs cl info package
epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1268442 201805)
 (symbols 48 58311 1)
 (miscs 40 1849 2456)
 (strings 32 156184 36016)
 (string-bytes 1 6046570)
 (vectors 16 221404)
 (vector-slots 8 6461057 279182)
 (floats 8 48161 7476)
 (intervals 56 15403 8087)
 (buffers 976 38)
 (heap 1024 134659 7002))