Subject: Re: bug#24535: [PATCH] sed: fix incorrect match for title case

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 20:43:01 -0700

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Norihiro Tanaka <[email-masked]> wrote:
> sed uses fastmap feature in matching with regex.  If it is used for case
> insensitive matching, affected by following bug in regex.
>
>   https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=20381
>
> BTW, I do not know whether sed is affected by the bug or not in locales
> except el_GR.iso88597.

Thank you for that patch.
Quick feedback:

Did you intend to use the new function, require_el_iso88597_locale_?

Please replace this line from your new test (I prefer to avoid double
quoting strings intended to contain backslashes, because each must be
doubled, and that impairs readability/maintainability):

  printf "/\\(\\)\\\\1$chr/Ip" >prog || fail=1

with this:

  printf '/\(\)\\1'"$chr"/Ip >prog || fail=1

Is that a stray "-f -n" in the test script? This cannot work as intended:

  $ sed -f -n -f prog in >out
  sed: couldn't open file -n: No such file or directory