Subject: bug#24528: 24.5; XLFD font specification ignore empty style preference.

From: Oleksandr Gavenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 20:37:08 +0300

I have 2 server side fonts:

  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-120-iso10646-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-ja-13-120-75-75-c-120-iso10646-1

When I run:

  (set-frame-font "-misc-*-*-*-*--13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*")

unfortunately next font selected:

  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-ja-13-120-75-75-c-120-iso10646-1

  /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/12x13ja.pcf.gz

which looks very ugly.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.21.5)
 of 2016-09-05 on trouble, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs24-24.5+1=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

-- 
http://defun.work/