Subject: Re: bug#24526: iconify / geometry

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:10:05 +0200

> I elaborated a little further on this topic. Say, I was to start emacs (25.1)
 > with
 >
 > emacs -geometry 135x34+35+20 -iconic
 >
 > xwininfo tells me:
[...]
 >    Corners:  +41+57  -320+57  -320-336  +41-336

What do these corner values mean?

 >    -geometry 109x24+35+20
 >
 > after "uniconifying" the frame. Leaving "-iconic" away, things come out as
 > expected. I have no idea how 109x24 would correlate with 135x34.

Neither do I.  Please tell me what ‘frame-geometry’ tells about this
frame.  Maybe it's relaed to the frame's default font size.

The surprising thing about this is that here on Windows the -geometry
option is processed as expected.  So this looks like a good place to
start investigating this on Windows.  Can anyone on GNU/Linux try with
Dieter's options, that is

emacs -geometry 135x34+35+20 -iconic

and report here _if they work_ as expected?

Thanks, martin