Subject: bug#24517: Please provide the feature ada-ref-man

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 18:27:42 -0700

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> * In the case of ada-ref-man I ended up not mirroring it.  (Making it
>>   the only package from Emacs, including Elpa, that isn't mirrored on
>>   the Emacsmirror.)
>>
>> * In the case of uni-confusables I ended up pretending
>>   "gen-confusables.el" is the "main library" resulting in the rather odd
>>   and incorrect package description "generate uni-confusables.el from
>>   confusables.txt".
>
> Does anyone object to the attached patch?

No objections within 39 weeks, so I've pushed the patch to elpa.git as
commit c7e0e5bfa.

>>   In addition to the provide form I would recommend adding a Commentary
>>   section to the library so that that longer description shows up at
>>   https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/uni-confusables.html among other places.
>
> Could someone help with this?  I don't know what this is used for.
> Teodor perhaps?
>
>>   I just tried looking at uni-confusables.el using Emacs and despite
>>   global-so-long-mode being enabled I ended up having to kill emacs.
>>   So maybe a few newline characters could be added as well.
>
> I'm seeing the same thing here.  Maybe that should be reported as a
> separate bug.

The above still needs fixing.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas