Subject: Re: Please provide the feature ada-ref-man

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 13:34:23 +0100

Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> writes:

> ada-ref-man.el from GNU Elpa isn't a real library, it only exists so
> that the Ada Reference Manual can be installed using `package.el', which
> expects a package to contain a library matching the package name.
>
> Similarly the tools used to maintain the Emacsmirror impose such
> restrictions on the mirrored packages.  In particular they are a bit
> more fussy about the "main library" of the package.  In addition to
> expecting the main library to have the "correct name", they also insist
> on that library providing the matching feature.
>
> Please consider adding (provide 'ada-ref-man) to ada-ref-man.el.
> Considering that ada-ref-man.el only exists in the first place to
> satisfy a tool, I don't think we would go to far if it additionally
> provided the feature to satisfy another tool.
>
>   Thanks,
>   Jonas

Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please also consider providing the appropriate
> feature in uni-confusables.el, also in GNU Elpa.

Hi Jonas,

This request was sent 3 years ago, but it unfortunately never got a
reply at the time.  Is this still relevant?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas