Subject: 25.1; bad server-socket-dir

From: Trevor Jim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:38:05 -0400

-------

In server.el the definition of server-socket-dir is

    (defvar server-socket-dir
      (and (featurep 'make-network-process '(:family local))
           (format "%s/emacs%d" (or (getenv "TMPDIR") "/tmp") (user-uid)))
      "The directory in which to place the server socket.
    If local sockets are not supported, this is nil.")

Now on my system TMPDIR is a string ending in /,
therefore server-socket-dir ends up being a string containing //:

    (getenv "TMPDIR")
    "/var/folders/bd/4n090_dd5xq6g4yrf5pf0vjm0000gn/T/"
    server-socket-dir
    "/var/folders/bd/4n090_dd5xq6g4yrf5pf0vjm0000gn/T//emacs501"

Correct value for server-socket-dir would be

    "/var/folders/bd/4n090_dd5xq6g4yrf5pf0vjm0000gn/T/emacs501"

The incorrect value is confusing emacsclient.

-------

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2016-09-17 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
Saving file /Users/trevor/tmp/setup/org/journal.org...
Wrote /Users/trevor/tmp/setup/org/journal.org
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
Making completion list... [3 times]

command-execute: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
s is undefined
e is undefined
user-error: No next help buffer
Quit [6 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Users/trevor/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160723.2238/helm-multi-match hides /Users/trevor/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160723.944/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
mail-extr emacsbug sendmail bookmark org-capture novice tramp-cache
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe rect org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view subr-x jka-compr
image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda vc-dispatcher
debug tabify man misearch multi-isearch vc-git pp caml-font org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func ag vc-svn find-dired s go-mode url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util find-file ffap url-parse url-vars etags xref project
lockstep js sgml-mode json map imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs magit-blame
magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-popup
magit-mode magit-git magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core tramp-loaddefs trampver
shell pcomplete dash caml warnings compile comint ansi-color ring
nm-company nm nm-dateparse peg cl-macs notmuch hl-line notmuch-message
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-hello wid-edit notmuch-tree notmuch-show
notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-address notmuch-company
notmuch-parser notmuch-wash diff-mode coolj notmuch-query goto-addr
thingatpt icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib advice cl message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
mm-view mml-smime mml-sec epg gnus-util smime password-cache dig
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr company edmacro kmacro server
use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf go-mode-autoloads
info package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 534257 40809)
 (symbols 48 43667 0)
 (miscs 40 23871 11966)
 (strings 32 99483 11652)
 (string-bytes 1 3120543)
 (vectors 16 68631)
 (vector-slots 8 1828608 240711)
 (floats 8 437 766)
 (intervals 56 6840 79)
 (buffers 976 36))